More important, to me, than the resolutions, is the process of figuring out what I want to focus on for the year. I weed out the things I don’t care about and figure out the things that matter to me.
When I started thinking about my priorities for this year, I found myself drawn to the same things: Crafting, writing, organizing, and fitness. It’s nice that my focus is staying the same. I like that my priorities are shifting in the same range rather than changing wildly. This year I also want to focus a bit more on family and friends. I need to work a little harder at maintaining my relationships.
I didn’t get as much quilting done as I wanted last year. This year I am going to try being much more specific in what I want to achieve.
- Quilt and bind my son’s bed quilt and my lap quilt
- Finish the quilt top for a family friend and for my Mom
- Finish at least three cross stitches (
holidayDONE! and two family portraits)
- Bonus – Two more family cross stitches
Another area where I didn’t do as much as I wanted.
- Finish the rough draft of my MG SciFi
- Do basic edits to get a first draft of my MG SciFi
- Submit to Critique Group at least six times
- Finish a second draft that is ready for a final polish – MG SciFi
I think part of why this goal is so hard is because I can’t figure out specifics. I’m going to try though.
- Continue to put as much out of the house as we bring in
- Sell or donate all unused items in the basement storage room
- Move out of season or out of size clothes to basement storage
- Deal with paper in the study
- Set up my desk in the study
I’m still doing gymnastics, but I think the biggest things holding me back are my lack of strength and flexibility. Along with cardio I want to focus on those.
- Weight train twice a week
- Cardio twice a week
- Flexibility two to three times a week
- Eat dinner as a family at least twice a week (working up to four times a week)
- Facetime with SIL’s family once a month
- Boardgames with S and C at least 10 times
That is a lot of goals! I’m feeling worn out just writing them all down. Many are very small though and won’t take much time. I need to remember to plan out what I want to accomplish each month to get things done over the next year.
What are you hoping to accomplish this year? Do you set resolutions?