As promised here are the next seven things I’m going to be focusing on for my NaNo Daily Challenge. I am going to repeat a few I really enjoyed earlier in the month. Also I’m struggling to ‘break’ my character, so a bit of a focus on that this week.
- focus on voice
- Someone betrays your main character
- Use more than sight to describe things (touch, sound, taste, and smell)
- Use “yes, but” or “no, and” to solve problems
- Show the characters have affect on the story
- Let the worse case scenario happen
- Find ways to increase the tension
Time to get writing.