It’s time to go to camp. Camp NaNoWriMo that is. I’ve done NaNoWriMo in November many times with great success (2016 will be year ten!). For those who are new to NaNo I’ve written a variety of posts about it in the past. Here are a few of the most useful.
- Camp NaNoWriMo Supplies List
- How to Start
- The ever popular – How to catch up if you’re behind
- How to Finish
- What I think the Pros and Cons of NaNo are
The last four of those posts are actually half of my NaNoWriMo Series. I guess I could have just linked to that instead, but a list of two didn’t seem like much of a list 🙂
This year will be my second attempt at Camp NaNo. One thing I really like about Camp is that I can set my own goal. This month I’m aiming for 15k on my Mystery Project. I decided to keep it short for a variety of reasons.
- I don’t want writing to take over my life the way it does to get 50k in a single month.
- I want the time and space to write on more than one project.
- The novel I’m working on is taking more time than usual.
- I really want to keep working on my new quilt (see point one above).
Are you doing Camp this year? Do you have any must have tips for getting through a NaNo month?
p.s – Don’t worry (I know, you weren’t) my usual monthly goal update will be posted on Monday. I promise it’s already queued up and ready to go for those sitting on the edge of their seats to see if I earned my new running skirt. Today I needed to talk about Camp instead.