My Goals for January were:
- Have the first meeting of our new writing critique group. Done! Our first review meeting will be next month, but we met to sort everything out.
- Read through the YA Portal Fantasy and make a final edits list. Nope. Big fail on this one.
- Write 5,000 words on my MG Sci-Fi. Nope. Ya, not a good writing month in general.
I would say January was a failure. Time to pick myself up again. I need to write more!
My Goals for February are:
- Use the Word Count spreadsheet I developed to track my writing progress. My spreadsheet is similar to the chart used by NaNoWriMo to track your progress over a month, but it runs over a calendar year and can cover multiple projects.
- Get chapter 2 of the YA Portal Fantasy ready for the critique group.
- Read through the YA Portal Fantasy and make a final edits list.
- Write at least 3k on something. It can be on one thing or a mix of things. I really hope I write a lot more than this, but I am about to sink into edits on a few things so writing won’t be my primary focus.
Was your January more successful than mine? What big projects do you have coming up.