My goals for November were to finish NaNo before the writing retreat, go to two write-ins, and finish the rough draft of my MG Sci-Fi. I managed to finish NaNo on the first night of the writing retreat. I went to one write-in plus a NaNo specific writing retreat. I would say both of those are a win. I didn’t do so well on getting that rough draft finished. I did some great work during the writing retreat, but really fell behind when I got home.
November total: 2/3
My goals for December are:
- Finish the MG novel by Dec. 7th.
- Read a book to get some quick distance from the MG novel. I don’t have time to let it sit for months, so a few days will have to do.
- Print a paper copy of the manuscript.
- Do a slow read through and make a list of local and global changes.
- Make the changes.
I won’t lie. That is a lot to get done in a very short amount of time. I’m not sure I can manage it around the holidays, but I am going to try.
Update on Dec. 7 – My goals and plans for this month have changed. As I no longer need to have this story ready for January I have switched to the goals below instead:
- Read a book I didn’t write.
- Write the first four 500 words posts.
- Make plans for a new-ish writing group in the new year.
- Clean the house before the holidays.
Do you set objectives for your writing? Did you achieve everything you wanted to in November?