I can’t believe it is almost April already. Only two sleeps (or one if you plan to stay up late March 31st) until Camp NaNoWriMo begins! I’ve done NaNo several times so I feel prepared for this new to me April adventure. I admit that getting to select my own word count is a big draw for me. My top word count in NaNo is 80k, but this April I am going low. Something in the 25-30k range. Still a respectable amount to get in a single month I think.
Tonight I am going to put together my NaNo supplies. Below are my must have NaNo tools for success:
1. My netbook: I actually need to replace this before it dies on me, but I am the type who needs to do a ton of research first.
2. Scrivener: Since I started using this program in 2008 I haven’t been able to write in anything else. They have a 30 day free trial if anyone is interested in trying it out over Camp NaNoWriMo.
3. Notebooks and more notebooks: I got a lovely journal cover for my birthday last year which is all my random story bits. For this particular story I also have a binder started when I wrote the first half during NaNo a few years ago. Time to pull them out so they are at the ready!
4. BIC 4 Colour Pen: The four colours help me keep track of my tangled notes. Also colour coding is fun.
5. Work space: I usually work on the couch, but this April I have decided that two of my writing nights need to take place at a proper table. Being a numbers person I will of course chart my output based on location for future planning.
6. Writing Schedule: Usually for NaNo I write every day so I don’t have much of a schedule. This year I am only planning to write three days per week (hence the lower goal). I need to figure out which three days I am going to write so I stick to it once April starts.
7. Chocolate: Perhaps the most important supply of all. I am going to need lots and lots of chocolate.
What does your writing work space look like? What items are on your must have list for Camp NaNoWriMo?